When to keep your child home
There are times when it is clear that your child is ill. The obvious signs of illness include a temperature over the normal range (99° or greater), vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained rashes or rashes associated with communicable diseases. Please do not send your child to school if any serious signs of illness occur at home. Your child needs to be fever and symptom free for 24 hours before returning to school (without medication). If any of these signs of illness appear at school you will be contacted to pick up your child.
By State Law, and common sense, your child will not be allowed at North Heights Christian Preschool if they have:
- A fever of over 99°
- Thrown-up (vomited) 24 hours prior to class time
- Had diarrhea within 24 hours of class time
- Strep, pink eye, unusual rash or any other contagious disease
- A deep continuous cough or consistent runny nose
*Please notify the center as soon as you find out your child has any of these symptoms or infections.
They may return to NeHi when they have:
- Been fever free for 24 hours without medication
- Not thrown-up (vomited) within 24 hours of class
- Not had diarrhea within 24 hours of class
- Been to the doctor and has been on antibiotics for 24 hours
- Have had their cough or running nose lessened or stopped
Please be considerate of your child’s needs and the other children at school. If your child seems too lethargic to participate in the daily activities, please keep them home. If they do have any of the mentioned symptoms, please keep them home to recover so they don’t spread illness to the other children.
Be advised that we cannot give out over the counter medicines without a doctor’s authorization.